Pembroke Log Cabin Quilter's Guild
To save you time, all the patterns have been downloaded and/or centralized with any u-tube videos for your convenience. Be sure to PRE-WASH all fabric before construction.
Do not add wire for nose.
* Thank-you to SaraMaker.com who made this available for free and provided permission for us to post our own version.
2) This pattern can be used over an N95 mask or alone, and has pocket for other types of filters. If you are making masks for your at risk family/friends, this design was developed by Riley Blake based upon the Olson pattern. Seems more comfortable and has good filtering options but more complicated and time consuming to make.
Deep River looking for isolation gowns
Please check out their web-site as a thank-you for their generosity.
Deep River looking for surgical caps.
- asked by local nurses to make some elastic backed, fitted, bouffant style scrub caps. ..so far, they seem to not fit very close to sides of head and may let hair escape on sides. Any similar tutorials for what I'm describing?
- I REALLY stretched the elastic when sewing it in to make the caps tighter.
- After making a couple of them now I cut the elastic 1/2" shorter (It's a bugger to sew in place ). I Also found that the caps fit better if I cut the headband and the elastic casing pieces on the bias. (Wish I'd of thought about that earlier.)
- Add a tie to each of the sides, near the back. They can pull in that last bit that isn't tight enough.
- Put buttons on each side of cap to allow masks with elastics to be attached directly to the cap instead of around ears (ears get sore)
2) Larissa Fontenot U-Tube Video 5 min (includes figure with pattern measurements) Pattern (cost is $15.00 on etsy can get info from video)